Period of stay: academic year 2023-2024
Number of scholarships and length of stay: 2 one-semester places/ slots for mobility in the Winter semester (September-December) or Summer semester (January-May)
Who can apply: students who completed first year of 1st cycle studies or long-term studies at the University of Warsaw
Eligible units: all fields offered by the host university https://www.pace.edu/academics
- Students are exempt from tuition fees at the host university.
- Costs of travel, visa, insurance, accommodation and maintenance shall be borne by the student.
- Students of UW who are Ukrainian citizens may apply for a scholarship from the Kosciuszko Foundation through Schevchenko Scientific Society. Qualified candidates may receive funding of 4000 USD per semester.
- Pozwolenie na wyjazd (Consent to go abroad) signed by the Head of the Teaching Unit or
a Mobility Coordinator in the organisational unit;
- Certificate of grade point average from the entire period of study, approved by the dean’s office or students’ office (a GPA of at least 3.49);
- Motivation letter with the choice of the host university justification;
- Curriculum vitae with a list of achievements, awards, etc.;
- Certificate of the English language proficiency according to host university requirements (IELTS 6.5; TOEFL iTB 80; TOEFL paper based 550; Pearson PTE academic 54; the tests must have been taken within the past two years);
- Statement of financial resources in accordance with the requirements of the host university (at least 15000 USD per semester).
- The host university shall reserve the right to review the exchange student enrolment request and make a final decision concerning such request according to not only the host university’s internal regulations, but also legal regulations imposed by the national and/or local authorities.
- The student is fully responsible for all activities related to a process of obtaining a visa.
- The student shall agree the study plan with the Mobility Coordinator or the Head of the Teaching Unit.
- Candidates may, at any time, be asked to show original documents providing achievements and received awards.
- Before the mobility, a student has to sign a written declaration concerning the awareness of possible consequences resulting from the mobility for studies participation decision, in particular, the threat resulting from the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and the impact it may have on the course of study in the event of failure to complete the planned study programme. The University of Warsaw shall not be held responsible for any possible health or financial consequences resulting from a participation in the mobility for studies, and shall not cover the costs of any medical assistance related to this mobility.
- The nominee should send to PACE application documents in accordance with the requirements of the host university. A Fall (Winter) semester application deadline is on 15th of May 2023.
- For further information refer to: PACE University Fact Sheet and PACE website.
Deadline for submitting documents to IRO: 28th of February 2023 Documents sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Documents’ submission procedure:
Electronic version of documents (password protected folder) should be submitted to the email address of the exchange coordinator using only the university email account (in accordance with the Ordinance No. 279 of the Rector of the University of Warsaw dated 10 December 2020).
If you wish to submit documents in person please, do not hesitate to book an appointment through: Meeting reservation tool (please choose room no. 212).
Karolina Trybowska-Greń, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 22 55 24 082
International Relations Office, Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warsaw
Old Library Building, 2nd floor, room no. 212