Visa Information

No visa is required from the (EU) and  European Economic Area (EEA) member countries. A valid travel document entitles students to enter Poland.
Advisory for citizens of the EU countries traveling to Poland

All citizens of non-EU/EEA member countries who wish to study in Poland are required to obtain a Polish visa prior to their arrival in Warsaw. They should contact the Polish Consulate or Embassy in their country of residence.
Visa requirements and application forms as well as the complete list of Polish diplomatic missions abroad are available at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 

Holders of both Polish and foreign citizenship are required to enter Poland using their Polish passport or ID card.

Residence Permit

Students and academics staying at the University of Warsaw for more than three months are obliged to obtain a temporary residence permit. In case of students this document is issued for one year.

The residence permit is issued by the Department of Citizens Affairs of the Mazovian Voivodship Office.

For more information and help with the temporary residence permit application please contact:
Office for Students’ Affairs
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28
(Kazimierzowski Palace, 2nd floor, room 20C)
Phone: +48 22 552 0022